An eagerly anticipated party that’s been about twelve years in the making…a unique event that brings together all ages and embraces the playfulness of youth even as it celebrates the sacred tradition of entering young adulthood…that tricky age where the guest of honor is embarking on the journey of being a grown-up, where the party walks a fine line of being cool vs. being childish… We get it. We celebrate it! Let us help you navigate the planning of this incredible gift to your child, a celebration of the culmination of childish fancies with the anticipation of young adult life—the ultimate young person’s party!!!!
The Ultimate Mitzvah
A complete planning package
You’ve worked hard for years investing in your child’s life, encouraging and correcting, laughing and crying, celebrating happy moments and teaching through the tough moments. It’s been challenging and rewarding, all at the same time. Now, you’re about to reach a milestone and you don’t want to leave the details to chance. You want it to be a party that your child will remember for years and years, an exciting celebration of how far you’ve come in this journey of growing up, a celebration of sacred significance and incredible fun.
How Our Package Works
This is the fun part of planning that involves getting to know you, your child’s interests, and your family’s style. We want to know about the latest golf trophy, butterfly collections, dance recitals, tuba competitions, soccer tournaments, the color pink…whatever your child gets excited for. We want to hear your ideas and we’ll take those plus what we learn about you to craft a one-of-a-kind party celebration.
Your part: Tell us your child’s story and style, share your ideas
Our part: To combine the story, style, and ideas with our design savvy, experience, and inspiration for an overall vision of the mitzvah celebration
- Unlimited correspondence and consultation with you, your immediate family, and your son/daughter
- Creative ideas for tzedakah, party themes, activities, and traditions for the reception and party
- Event design, theme, color and décor consultation, floral and linen expertise
This is the part where our Chaco sandals hit the pavement to actually bring your vision to life. Spreadsheet lovers and organizers will adore this part for the budgets and timelines and contract reviews we contribute. Artistic souls take heart—this part also involves menu tasting, linens, flowers, and printwork! A lot of decisions will be made in this part of the planning and you’ll start to see the party take shape.
Your part: Feedback. Decisions.
Our part: Giving you options that fit your budget and style (venue, dress, flowers, linens, food, music, décor, lodging, transportation, etc). Keeping you on track. Fully supporting your decisions.
- Budget estimate and timeline for the entire planning process for yet to be contracted services and a list of all needed services
- Customized weekend timeline including details for all vendors, family, and guests who need access
- Assist with appointment-setting with any vendors and attend as many on-site appointments as possible
- Contract review and negotiation with any yet to be contracted vendor
- Assistance with arrangements and accommodations for out-of-town guests
- Extension of any discounts we can get along to you; provide ideas to save on cost without compromising quality
You made it! This is where all the anticipation and decisions pay off. You can just relax and take it all in. This is your child’s day!
Your part: Relax. Enjoy. Celebrate!
Our part: A little more complicated. We’re in touch with vendors to make sure they’re on track for delivering an amazing evening. We’re placing some centerpieces. We’re creating a dessert table. We’re showing the dj where to set up. We’re confirming some last minute questions with the rabbi. We’re making sure grandma caught the taxi from her hotel. We’re loving it. Oh, and we’re super-calm so that you have no idea all of that is going on because you really should just be relaxing, enjoying every moment of this significant day, and celebrating your child’s milestone party!
- Day of coordination at the synagogue and following event/reception in one or two locations for up to twelve hours
- Assistance with and on-site coordination or Shabbat evening oneg, kiddush, and/or other event-related family gatherings involving meals or transportation
- ~ Alleviating stress and handling many of the week-of errands and running around so you can enjoy the arrival of friends and family
- Act as your eyes and ears to oversee and monitor contracted vendors to ensure they provided all products and services guaranteed to the highest level of quality and professionalism.
It was such a privilege being a part of Guy’s Bar Mitzvah celebration at Bonai Shalom in Boulder. Caitlin Hamilton Photography captured special images from the day and Footers Catering provided guests with delicious food and dessert throughout the night. It was a classic celebration thanks to the detailed planning and execution by JA Special Events. We
What a privilege it was being a part of Jack’s Bar Mitzvah & Grille at Hebrew Educational Alliance and Infinity Park. Jack’s restaurant inspired theme was executed with such class by JA Special Events, down to the very last detail. Caitlin Hamilton captured wonderful images from the event and guests raved about the delicious food from Relish
It was such a privilege being a part of Aden’s Bar Mitzvah celebration at Temple Sinai and Cuba Cuba. Aden’s love for the Denver Broncos was incorporated into the decor thanks to the planning and coordination done by JA Special Events. Jared Wilson Photography captured special images from the day and Sacred Thistle added beauty with their